Vacancy: Postdoc Political Ecology / Crisis Conservation (2,5 years)
We are looking for…
The Sociology of Development and Change Group (SDC) at Wageningen University seeks a candidate for a (sandwich*) Postdoc in Political Ecology, as part of the Netherlands Research Foundation (NWO) funded VIDI project entitled Crisis Conservation: Saving Nature in Times and Spaces of Exception, led by Prof. Bram Büscher. Candidates with a background in relevant social sciences (anthropology, geography, sociology, political science, etc.) will be considered, especially candidates who have recently completed a PhD in the broad areas of environment and development, political ecology and conservation with a focus on crisis, conflict and/or violence. Your main responsibility will be to develop and carry out your own research project within the broad remit of the Crisis Conservation project, to publish articles based on your previous work and to contribute to the project in a broad sense (develop the website, co-organising activities, presenting at conferences, supporting the PhDs in the project, and so forth). Besides these core activities, you are expected to do some teaching and supervision of Msc theses (especially in development theory and political ecology).
As a Sandwich Postdoc in political ecology you have:
· a PhD in anthropology, sociology, geography, or a related field;
· proven or demonstrable ability to publish in high-quality academic journals and with top academic publishers;
· ability to work in interdisciplinary and international research teams;
· excellent communication and writing skills;
· good didactic qualities and enthusiasm for teaching and working with students;
· a willingness to contribute to the intellectual life of the SDC chair group and the Wageningen Centre for Space, Place and Society;
· a willingness to do (ethnographic) fieldwork
We offer a temporary sandwich postdoc contract for 40 hours per week and a monthly allowance of 2100,- EUR. You will be given the opportunity to develop your own research line. The postdoc includes additional funds for research, conferences, etc.
For more information, including how to apply, the SDC group, etc, please check: https://brambuscher.com/2018/04/04/vacancy-postdoc-political-ecology-crisis-conservation-25-years/