As the longest-running agriculturally-based university in the Southern Hemisphere, Lincoln University’s story begins with farming, but it certainly doesn’t end there. As New Zealand’s economy diversified, so have we. Lincoln University is here to enhance and enrich lives. To grow the knowledge of our students so they can shape a world that benefits from a greater understanding of the relationship between our land, the food produced from it and the ecosystems within it. With three academic faculties, one teaching division, several research centres (including the new 27,000 sqm joint facility, in partnership with AgResearch), and a range of corporate service units, the Lincoln University draws its students from throughout New Zealand and from over 60 countries. Lincoln University has a student roll of around 3,000 and approximately 600 staff.
We are seeking an interdisciplinary-backgrounded Postdoctoral Fellow with training in social science or human-environment relations, political ecology, environmental sociology, geography or anthropology, etc. The position requires familiarity with research approaches and ontologies of social science as well as theory (Actor Network Theory, Governmentality, Assemblage, etc.). Ideally, you will be sufficiently aware of the value, concerns and sensibilities of social research and systems modelling approaches.
To be considered for this role you will need to have:
- A PhD in a relevant discipline. Relevant disciplines include social sciences or human-environment relations, political ecology, environmental sociology, geography or anthropology.
- Interdisciplinary background that includes training in social science (geography, sociology, political studies, anthropology, etc.)
- Familiarity with the research approaches and ontologies of social science
- Capacity for statistical analysis and modelling using survey data
- Excellent written and oral English and communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively
This is a fulltime, fixed term position that will end two years from the date of commencement.
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter.
For more information, please refer to the position description on the Lincoln University careers page or contact Patrice Wilkin, Recruitment Business Partner, on 03 423 0312.
Applications close on Thursday 31/01/19 at 9am.
One thought on “Postdoctoral Fellow – Social Sciences at Lincoln University”