The Focali (the Forest, Climate, and Livelihood Research Network based in Sweden) Annual Meeting and 10-year Anniversary 5-(6)th of November is approaching. Please see the invitation and draft outline for the event here.
Here’s how you can contribute:
- Submit a theme/draft title for a speadtalk about your research/work to the thematic sessions (approx. 5 min presentation).
The theme of the presentation should be within the broad thematic area of Focali: Forest/landscapes, climate & livelihoods. The aim is to give participants a chance to get to know the focus/concerns/visions of many members and partners in these sessions prior to the discussion session and mingle time.
- Suggest a theme/questions for the World Café discussion tables – members and partners can host discussion tables on different themes during this interactive exercise where participants can select tables in their interest. The aim with this session is to provide a space for deeper interactions between researchers and actors on different Focali relevant themes.
- Ideas for the 10-year anniversary celebrations during/after the dinner? Anything you can contribute with? Let us know!
- Submit your speadtalk/theme/ideas to email@example.com
Deadline submissions: October 15
- Register for day 1 / dinner / day 2 here
Deadline registrations: October 25
Who can attend?
Day 1 the 5th of November is open to all active within our thematic area from different disciplines and sectors while day 2 the “Focali co-office” the 6this devoted for members and researchers within the Focali thematic area.
40 (out of 60) seats day 1 will be reserved for members and partners, if the event gets fully booked members and partners will be prioritized.
In addition to the attached program Focali members will be able to visit the indoor rainforest at Universeum Science Centre (next door to the Museum of World Culture) 9.00-9.40 before it´s opening hours for individual and group photos – all interested in this Focali photo session need to register firstname.lastname@example.org in advance.
Lunch, coffee and dinner day 1 is without costs for members and partners but any beverages (besides water) to the dinner is paid by each participant at the event.
Can I share this invitation?
Yes please share this invitation to people working within the Focali thematic area (Forest/landscapes, climate & livelihood) that you thing would be interested. Perhaps you know of researchers that you think should become members of the network or partners you think would be interested to get to know the Focali network better/deepen their collaboration with us? Then this is an excellent opportunity to interact with the network.
Ok to bring a baby/toddler if on maternity/paternity leave?
Yes the event venue is very child friendly with lots of space and good facilities outside the meeting rooms and even special exhibition areas adapted to young children if you cannot participate in all sessions.
The venues for Day 1 & 2 ?