Good afternoon Pollinators
We are pleased to announce the commencement of registration for the upcoming POLLEN ’23 conference between the 27th to 29th June at Howard College in Durban South Africa. The main registration period will run between the 1st of Feb and into March, where those whose session and presentation proposals were accepted will be able to begin the registration process. We will send more details and links in due course, but for now please take note of these few important points:
- The structure of the conference is primarily a collection of sessions organised independently by session organisers. We, therefore, remind session organisers to communicate and relay information to all their participants, as we do not have their emails ourselves before they are properly registered.
- Related to the above, if you are a presenter in a session and have not heard back from your session organiser, please do reach out and contact them to confirm your participation.
- We are still in the process of reviewing bursary applications and making awards to those who applied. Communications will follow about this in February, so we ask bursary applicants to await the outcomes before undertaking registration.
- As participants will recall, we had a number of covid enforced changes to the format, and are still awaiting RSVPs from some accepted session organisers and individual presenters. Even if you don’t intend to participate, please do let us know if you plan to attend so we can improve our planning and programming, and potentially allow extra sessions in your place.
- Finally, as indicated in our December email, we still have a few spaces available for sessions and/or individual presentations for those who may be interested in joining us in Durban. We will not open a new CFP, but will instead conduct a first-come-first-served, peer-reviewed process to select additional presenters, and in particular, hope to include further participation from South Africa and the region to bolster local support and networking. If you are interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire further.
Adrian and the POLLEN23 Local Organising Committee